Happy Dog VET Diet P-Urinary is used to prevent and support the treatment of calcium oxalate, urate, xanthine and cystine stones. The particularly tasty recipe is very low in purine and is gentle on both liver and kidneys. The carefully-selected combination of highly-digestible plant-based ingredients effectively lowers the content of nutritional components that encourage urinary stones. The very low-purine recipe makes this premium food an ideal accompaniment and support for leishmaniasis and its treatment.
Happy Dog VET P-Urinary can be used for the following indications: calcium oxalate stones, urate stones, xanthine stones, cystine stones, leishmaniasis and leishmaniasis treatment based on allupurinol. The calcium content is precisely matched to dogs’ needs. The recipe is low in purine, oxalic acid and methionine; it has a target urine pH of 7.0. The complete food is enriched with carnitine and taurine for a balanced diet.
Only available on veterinary advice.
This food is not recommended for young animals up to 12 months, pregnant or lactating bitches or pets with struvite stones.
* We recommend that you speak to your vet before you start or extend the length of feeding a diet food.
* If used as a dietary measure as part of treatment for leishmaniasis, the use of xanthine oxidase inhibitors (e.g. allopurinol) must be noted.
* For best effect, feed the diet food exclusively. Discuss any supplementary nutrition needs with your vet.
* Recommended length of diet to reduce cystine stone formation: Initially up to 1 year
* Recommended length of diet to reduce urate stone formation: Up to 6 months or for life if uric acid metabolism is irreversibly impaired
* Recommended length of diet to reduce calcium oxalate stone formation: Up to 6 months
* Offer several small meals per day unless otherwise recommended by your vet.
* The amount of food should be adapted to suit the individual pet’s metabolism, so it may be necessary to reduce or increase the quantity to a certain extent.
* Make sure that fresh water is available at all times.
*recommended retail price for Germany incl. 7% VAT
Happy Dog VET Diet P-Urinary is used to prevent and support the treatment of calcium oxalate, urate and cystine stones. The carefully-selected combination of highly-digestible plant-based ingredients effectively lowers the content of nutritional components that encourage urinary stones.
Please contact our Customer Support department for free, no obligation advice if you have any questions about dog health and nutrition. You will find lots of useful tips on nutrition and care in our Puppy World. The Happy Dog “Dog nutrition guide” also contains useful information and tips for owners. For advice on food, talk to us!